Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful

One of the updates from a friend on facebook was about being thankful. It has had me thinking this morning just how often I don't say thank you. So today, I need to verbalize thank you.... I am thankful for the hope I have in Christ today. Without that hope, I would still be a homeless drunk. I am thankful for mercy as I am human and blow it many times. Mercy is not receiving the punishment I deserve. I am thankful for my husband who loves me...the good, the bad and the ...whoa so ugly! I am thankful for my three children and the one I never got to meet that is in Heaven. I think of him/her almost daily. I am thankful for my mom who is now my friend, as well as my "mother." I am thankful for my grandparents whom I love more than words can express. I am thankful for Marsha who takes care of my grandparents. I am thankful for my dad, that while we have gone round and round at times, we always seem to find that place of respect for boundaries and are able to move on from there. I am thankful to live in a house with extra rooms and storage. I am thankful the Lord shows Himself faithful in meeting the needs of living in a larger house. I am thankful for the Lord's provisions in meeting the needs for our children...from modeling, to school pictures, to shoes, socks, underwear, shampoo, soaps...every day life necessities. I am thankful for a cup of coffee this morning. I am thankful that when I am sick I can pick up the phone and call my doctor and he will see me, even when I can't pay. I am thankful for my mother-in-law who loves my children; even at their worst! I am thankful for Uncle Craig who plays with my kids and lets them abuse him. I am thankful for the relationship my kids have with Aunt Julie, Uncle Derek and cousin Rich. I am thankful for my precious sister, who used to hate me because of who I was and what I did; but now....she loves me...sigh. That alone means the world to me. I am thankful for my nephew Hudson, who thinks I'm the best (only:) aunt in the world! HAHA! I am thankful for the rain we have had that has watered my flowers and garden so I don't have to. I'm thankful for the food that will be produced from our garden. I am thankful for the sunshine this morning. I am thankful for the ability to get out of bed on my own, without the aid of an assistant or a machine. I am thankful for a washer and dryer that I can wash my clothes in my home instead of going to a laundry mat. I am thankful for my friends who have loved me through six months of strugglings. I am thankful for our vehicle. I am thankful for the lights I have on in my house right now. I am thankful to have clean water to drink daily. I am thankful for a husband that lets me home school Kayla, that has been willing to cut back in order for me to not work and stay home with our kids. I am thankful for my fingers that allow me to type this very moment and toes that I can paint and give me balance to stand and walk. I am thankful for the protection that is given to me, that I have yet to even see. I am thankful for the privilege of going before my Master for any and everything. I am thankful that I've been able to find some friends from high school and Christian City Children's Home. I am just thankful today....

No comments: