Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Little Man...

Christopher has been on his new medication for about two weeks now. While I see good improvements regarding his hyperactivity; it is affecting his sleep, in fact, bedtime has become a nightmare. BUT, we are taking each day at a time.

I've had many people tell me that milk products can cause reactions to children with ADHD. We took Christopher off of all milk products for months, until the last few weeks. He began begging for milk. I had him screened at an allergist yesterday. He was poked so many times; it broke my heart. He has not one allergy to foods, to air materials, nothing! Whew! What a relief. I took a picture of his back....



This afternoon I was working on the garden area. We are getting a late start on it, but we have been so busy with life.... anyway; Chris took over for me. I went out to find him and Christopher were working together. These are times that Christopher will one day remember... a special memory of him and his dad....heartwarming.

Christopher is telling me how to do this....

Daddy working hard!

I should have planted my potatoes at the beginning of last month; so don't know if planting them now is going to do any good or not; but I'm gonna give it a try. I've never planted potatoes before, so we'll see what happens! Christopher wants to plant carrots. Ya'll, he hates carrots, but he says he wants to plant them for everyone else. Last year we had like 43 green beans plants..... watermelons, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, .... I can't remember what else....anyway, we are doing new stuff this year. I've never canned anything before, but plan on making it a first this year also. Will keep you posted.

Gotta finish up dinner or my kids will be screaming!

1 comment:

www.frogparenting.blogspot.com said...

Agh... I just typed a whole message only to delete it in one keystroke! Ahhgggggggggggg...
It is good to hear about possible progress with Christopher... each day is such an expirence... I really understand ! maybe later today I will post on the blog some things we have had happening...