Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EWomen's Conference

Today was a very busy day; I made four more Chicken Pot Pies this morning, met my friend to get them to her, picked up a friend of Kayla's that is spending the night tonight, came home fixed lunch, went to Wal-Mart, Target, Bread Store, and Dr. Joslin's as my new prescription came in for my glasses. Whew! I'm more tired just thinking about that! Dr. Joslin said my astigmatism has gotten worse and my vision since my last eye exam a year ago. I've gone from wearing glasses for reading and driving to having to wear them all the time. We had the transition stuff put on them since I am so sensitive to light and prone to headaches. Hoping it will help, but have had a headache all afternoon.... assuming it is because of my eyes trying to adjust.

Last year a friend of mine purchased 10 tickets to the E-Women's Conference that is coming to Pensacola April 24th & 25th. She bought 10 because several ladies she knows said they would pay her for them.... well, I am one of those 8 people as I forgot about it completely until this week. She was able to buy the tickets at a $40 discount versus the $60 they are selling for now. I am not able to attend this year because Kayla and I will be traveling to Panama City April 16 - 19th (the weekend before the conference). I had bought two tickets, one for me and one for Kayla. I am trying to sell my two tickets and put the word out for anyone else that would like to save some money and buy the others from my friend. If you are interested, contact me and I can put you in touch with her.

Christopher's meds are being changed, yet again. While the Aderall does seem to calm him down, he is still not able to rest and it is affecting his sleep at night horribly.... very bad at night, every night. He has also been having emotional break downs three and four times a day.... screaming, crying, yelling.... I called the doctor and told her I would just take him off everything and pull him out of school so he isn't a disruption to the rest of the class. The nurse called back and said there is another medication they want to try. We are also still waiting to hear from the pediatric neuro-psychologist. This is very frustrating, for all of us. It breaks my heart for my little boy who is so dog gone smart he blows my mind, but I feel like he is a pin cushion (thankfully without needles) having all these meds tested on him to "find the one that works!" It's tearing my heart apart. I don't know how much more I can take of this. I'm struggling with "why" is this happening, not only to my own son, but to so many other children I know or am acquaintances with. "Why?" I don't know why, but while I was typing John 10:10 came to my mind, "The thief (devil) comes but to steal, kill, and destroy, I (Jesus Christ) has come that you might have life, and have it abundantly." Is that what this is....satan trying to steal the abundant life the Lord has in store for me? I don't even know how to pray anymore. I just put my hands on his precious little head and pray for healing. I don't know what else to do.

I gotta go, I think I'm gonna try an MEW meeting.

No comments: