Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Really IS Better

Saturday, as I mentioned on another post, the kids and I spent time together reflecting on the meaning of Easter. I don't want my kids to think the "Easter Bunny" is it. This year, was very, very basic for the "Easter Bunny." Each child got a chocolate bunny, well, Kayla got pink peeps.... her fav's, chocolate kisses were placed in plastic eggs along with a few nickles, pennies and dimes, M&M's ad some Kit Kat bars. That's it. The eggs we colored were hidden and were quickly stumbled upon.... the kids ate the chocolate and it was OK. We attended a Saturday evening church service at Olive. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, deviled eggs, chips and tea for lunch, OH, and the best part was the Gooey Butter Cake mom made.... Oh yum! Clean up was a breeze...paper plates.... I looked at Chris last night and said, "It has been a great, stress free day!" I think it was the best Easter we've had. Now, my goal is to make Christmas just like Easter! Each child will get three gifts, each one reflecting gold, frankincense and myrrh. The gold items is a luxury item, the frankincense is a necessity like clothing items and the myrrh represents something that will give them personal growth in the Lord. With all the gifts the kids kids get from others and little "happy's" along the way, they don't need anything more than that. Of course, they will get "stocking stuffers"..... but in our house, that is usually fun little stuff.





I didn't plan on getting off on that.....

My mom gave me and Chris an "Easter" happy. This beautiful angel to hang on our kitchen wall. Isn't it gorgeous?! I love it! Thank you momma!


We leave Thursday for Panama City. Dateline had a special on last night about modeling schools.... fortunately, we have not paid the amount of money the people on the program had paid, nor is it with the school. Nonetheless, it still ruffled our feathers with fear a little. Pray for us, that we would have wisdom and discernment when walking through doors. Also, PLEASE pray for my husband who will have Christopher and Kaitlyn all by himself for four days. Christopher looked up at me, with those big blue eyes and said, "well who's gonna be our mommy?" No lie. Absolutely has broken my heart. I am praying for a way to take husband and kids with us. I'll have to do a lot of cooking of meals and freeze them, use a microwave at the hotel and stuff like that, but I'm working on figuring out a way to make it happen.

It's pouring down rain, thundering... gotta get off this thing for now.

More later.


1 comment:

Van said...

Love the angel on the wall! Better yet - love the angel's announcement. He is not here! He is risen!