Friday, September 16, 2011

Reflecting, On Hurrican Ivan . . .

Seven years ago today Hurricane Ivan struck. 

We all had different impacts from that storm.  My memories are a little different that the devastation that struck.

My due date to deliver Christopher was September 17th. 

Instead of leaving, we stayed to be with mother so she wouldn't be alone. 

Everyone slept through the storm, except me. 

I sat up all night praying for my baby, that if something happened, God would keep him safe.  My body had tried to abort my Christopher every month.  He was a miracle to  make it that long. 

Once the storm passed (and for the three days that followed), it was the first time during the entire pregnancy I didn't worry about him.  I was camping (as we all were) while living in a house!  I cooked on the Coleman stove, the grill, and just took it one step at a time. 

I woke up at 2:20 a.m. on the 19th and something was wrong.  No movement.  We had no phone service the entire three days, but God allowed me to reach someone in Labor and Delivery that morning.  We were stopped by police because of the curfew.

Christopher was born weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 2oz by natural childbirth at 7:53 a.m. just days after Ivan.  

How do I know God has a plan for my Christopher?  Because of my body tring to reject him during the entire pregnancy.  That is why I know God has a remarkable plan for my Christopher.

Psalm 139 . . .

Just had to share :)

Continuing to Walk in Victory,

Stacey 

No comments: