Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday's Weigh In . . . 18 Weeks & 4 Days

Yes, I counted them!  In just over four months, my life has changed.
I remember day one, May 23, 2011.  I dreaded making a change in my eating lifestyle, sorta like a child being dragged in from play to take a bath! 


I was angry that I couldn't have sweets and angry that God made me to be prone to being fat.  I was angry that sweet sister Suzie was a bean pole and could eat WHATEVER she wanted and NEVER gain an ounce and I was just PURE fat.  Just looking at the Gooey Butter Cake added 15 pounds to me!  And WHY would God make me such a good cook and NOT let me be able to enjoy the meals?!  Does that make sense to you?!  Of course not!

I thought it would take FOREVER to see any changes in my physical appearance.  I wanted the change IMMEDIATELY! 

I didn't want to work for it. 

I wanted that instant gratification without the hard work!

But it doesn't work like that, does it? 

The truth is, if I didn't have to work for it, I would never succeed.  If the weight was falling off without any change in my eating (and cooking) habits, then I wouldn't be depending on the Lord in this particular area of my life. 

After weighing in today, I lost two more pounds at a total of 50 pounds.


I am 7.5 pounds away from my half way mark and 10 more pounds away from my end of the year goal!

Now, since my surgery, I have not been exercising like I am supposed to AND I have only journaled my food items one day on www.myfitnesspal.com.  I know, right! 

I must get back on track to continue to succeed at surrendering completely in this area of my life!

Until next time . . . .

Continuing, to Walk in Victory!

Stacey

No comments: