Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pensacola's Wildlife Sanctuary

I've always loved animals, and I guess all three of my children have picked that up from me. Injured dogs, cats, birds, squirrels, etc. always seem to end up on our door steps!  It's rather funny how they  seem to find us. I've always said I should live on a farm, and who knows, maybe one day that will happen.

I took the kids to the wildlife sanctuary today for their WildFest 2011.  We have been out there only once and that was because one of my cats decided to enjoy the feathers of a baby bird (I know, right?!). 

Many of the owls were out being held by their handlers and there were MANY vendors!  While the crowd filled me with anxiety of keeping up with my wandering son, (and Kaitlyn was having a very bad day too), all in all it was a good.



 The Wildlife Sanctuary needs donations!  YOU can help!  I will have a list of the items they are asking for at the bottom of this page. 

 Today was Kayla's first day out of the house in a week.  She has literally been sitting with that foot propped up ALL WEEK!  One more week and hopefully she will be able to go back to work!






 Kaitlyn got scared of the owl :(


 Interesting facts!

 Bald Eagle


 Christopher stretches out to compare just how big the wing span of the Bald Eagle is!




 I didn't know the games were going to take tickets,
so they got to play one game and both won prizes :)


 Christopher and Kaitlyn sitting inside an Eagles Nest!

 Kaitlyn being a bird! 


Feeding the Pelicans NASTY stinking fish! 



Pelicans!




 Now I have to tell you about this picture.  I didn't take it.  Seriously.  I got a free camera for selling AVON.  I haven't figured out how it works, but was trying it out today.  As soon as I saw this picture, the Lord spoke to my heart.  He said, "You, Stacey, have taken your eyes off the SON."  Yes, I have been having my quiet time.  Yes, I have been reading and journaling.  But I haven't been walking and trusting in obedience.  I love that He loves me enough to show me. 


 Kaitlyn wanting to play with the baby duck!







Christopher remembers just about everything. 
I have said for years he has a photographic memory. 
Today just proved it. 
 He got VERY upset because he couldn't find the "Squirrel Crossing" sign. 
It was where it always has been, there were just sooo many people there today that we didn't see it the first time.


 Now this was cool, bird's eye closed.

Bird's eye open!   In just one shot!



 The kids got to make candy apples :)







 The following is a list of items needed at the Wildlife Sanctuary:

Tissues, laundry soap, fresh fruit and vegetables, science diet kitten or puppy growth, and Purina Puppy Chow, Cheerios, Peanut Butter, suet, Pecans, Peanuts (shelled or unshelled), chicken or red meat, sunflower seeds, baby blankets, Wal-Mart and Renfroe Pecan Company gift cards, first class stamps, and of course, monetary gifts are welcome.

If you can contribute any of these items, you can take them to the WildLife Sanctuary at 105 N. "S" Street, Pensacola.  There number is 850-433-9453.

Thanks for stopping by ;)

Trying, to Walk in Victory,

Stacey

No comments: