Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Christopher, My Brother . . . . .

For two years Christopher has been asking questions about Jesus.

With more and more questions and asking to be baptized, I made arrangements to meet with Jon Dubois, Minister of Pastoral Ministries at Olive Baptist Church.

On September 23, 2011, my son, with the guidance of "Pastor Jon," asked Jesus into his heart!

Now, I have to confess; I was worried.  (I know, right . . . . I worry too much!)  I just wasn't sure that Christopher REALLY understood, hence the reason nothing was said.

With mounting concerns, Jon made arrangements for me and Christopher to meet with his mom today. 

Why his mom you ask?! 

His mom, for 25 years taught a class for children that wanted to be Baptized.  She taught what salvation and believing in Jesus meant and why being Baptized is important and what it symbolizes.  Jon thought she might could explain things to Christopher and answer some of my questions and ease my "worries." 

She did just that.

(No wonder satan has been working so hard to discourage us!)

In answering one of my questions about Christopher's understanding, she asked, "Christopher, do you know what 2 + 2 equals." He said, "yes." She then said to me, "See, he knows the basics in math because he has been taught the basics in math. You wouldn't expect him to know x + y ='s z. He shouldn't be expected to know everything about Jesus because he has to be taught."   She then asked, "Did you know everything you know overnight?  Of course not, it's a process." 

That's when the light bulb came on! It was a "duh" moment for me, that made me smile and thank the Lord for revealing Himself to my son.

I also realized just because my son has many disorders, does not mean he is not capable of understanding.  I was struggling with "melt downs" and how a child with these anger issues could have Jesus in their hearts.  I just couldn't "figure it out."  The fact is, I don't have to.

At the end of the conversation, I walked away, today, knowing on September 23, 2011, my son asked Jesus into his heart. 

THAT makes this momma's heart




No comments: