Friday, February 6, 2009

In-Between Chicken Recipe

I want to share a recipe with ya'll. It's something I sorta made up. My mother-in-law makes Chicken Cacciatore that my husband loves, and I love Chicken Parmesan. Unfortunately, for some reason, when I tried fixing both the above recipes, they flopped. I love to cook, so I kind of played with the recipes and came up with what I call, "In-Between Chicken." I haven't fixed it in months; but it's one of my family's fav's...so here it is.

Tyson Breaded Chicken Breast Tenderloins (I get mine from Sam's because it's a better price than the Wal-Mart brand)
1 jar Ragu Spaghetti Sauce (I get the Robusto w/ Parmesan & Romano because I don't have to add any seasonings at all to it!) Whatever sauce you like though is fine. If you are fixing for a crowd, use extra jars. When you cook the sauce down, you also decrease the amount of servings per jar. I hope that makes since.
Penne Rigate Pasta (I buy the Wal-Mart brand)
Provolone Cheese (Again, I buy the Wal-Mart brand)

Cook the sauce on medium, letting it boil and vent. Do not cover. Use a wire splash guard to keep from splashing. You want the water to boil out for a thick sauce. If you always have watery sauce it's because you aren't cooking it long enough.

Bake the chicken according to directions on the package.

Boil pasta according to directions.

Slice the Provolone Cheese in half and place on top of chicken for 5 - 10 additional minutes. For larger pieces of chicken put two halves of the cheese on the chicken, for smaller pieces, put one slice on the chicken.
Plate your pasta, then chicken on top of pasta, top with sauce. It's that simple and it really is delicious.

On a another note, I have also sauteed boneless, skinless chicken breast in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, then top with the cheese. It's also delicious and probably has better nutritional value.

As you can see, it's a super easy meal to pull together with a veggie or even with just a salad.

I hope you'll try it and if you do, please let me know your thoughts about it.

No comments: