Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Ole' Chicken Pot Pie!

Well, I sure thought today would be a better day with my teeth, or lack of I guess I should say. Doc had to pack more of that nasty tasting stuff in my sockets this morning. I found out I'll be going back again Thursday and then again Monday... Aaaghhh! Will it ever be over?!

My youngest daughter has been on a movie kick lately. She loves The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. She calls it the "Lion Movie." She watches it every single day. Now, that might give a poor reflection on me, but hey, if it gives me down time, and she will sit still...I'm all for it. She's so stubborn that she just won't take naps; if I put her in her room, she plays and jumps and breaks things, so at least this way, she is monitored and I can ... what's that word...rest... Sigh:) Kaitlyn talks during the entire movie. Every day she asks the same questions at the same point, yet when I, out of frustration say, "oh Kaitlyn, I don't know." She then tells me the answer to what she was asking! I wonder why that is?

I had a Chicken Pot Pie in the freezer, since I'm hurting, that's what we are having for dinner. This isn't just any ole' Chicken Pot Pie though, it's a recipe I got from my Mammow...yum. I don't know where she got it from, but man it is wonderful! At one time I was making them and selling them to people in our church. With all the turmoil in our life, it's kind of fallen by the way-side. I looked into trying to start a little "mom-n-pop" place so I could sell my pies and casseroles, but that door never opened. I even looked into selling them from home, but due to state and county regulations, that didn't happen either. Oh well, I know the Lord knows my heart and He is the one that gave me the passion and desire to feed people, and I do know that His timing is perfect. I'll just keep telling myself that:) With the economy like it is right now, I suppose it is best that doors were kept shut.

Time to get that pot pie in the oven.

More another day.

3 comments:

riverview said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
riverview said...

Dear Stacey,

I was lead here from Rachel Olsen's Blog and very grateful that I found you. You have a lovely blog and I will definitely be back to visit.

Since you are a young mother, I thought that you would be interested in the following article. It is in re to books that are being promoted by Oprah and are in direct opposition to His Word.

BEWARE!!

If you have children or grand-children, work with children at church, or you have neighborhood children whose parents you know, please take note of the information below and pass it along to others. Schools are distributing this book to children through the Scholastic Book Club.

The name of the book is Conversations with God.. James Dobson talked about this book twice this week. It is devastating. Parents, churches and Christian schools need to be aware of it. Please pass this information on to
Church/e-mail addresses, Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, friends.
Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in movie theaters, on the internet, and the music they listen to, but also be alert regarding the books they read.

Two particular books are, Conversations with God and Conversations with God for Teens, written by Neale D. Walsch. They sound harmless enough by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title.

The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I paraphrase), When a girl
asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?" His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Then he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My parents say that I should mar ry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry him?"

His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. His reply "I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some instances quote (in error) the Word of God.

And the list goes on. These books (and others like it) are being sold to schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be aware of what is being fed to our children.

The children of our nation are under attack. So I pray that you be sober and vigilant abou t teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the devil, roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). We know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.

Please pass this on to every Believer you know. And, if you are in doubt, check out the books yourself.

God bless you Stacey. I hope that your teeth are doing better and you are well on-the-mend.

In His Word,
Karyl
Bonners Ferry, ID

Stacey said...

Hi Riverview! I tried to reach you back by email; but couldn't get to you. I am very much aware of Oprah's "new age" teachings. I actually sent letters to the Editor and to her personally...thanks though for the information. We must pray that her eyes will be opened to the truth! Bless You.