Monday, December 1, 2008

Kitchen Work Begins...Laundry OVERLOAD!

I got the biggest blessing today!! A friend of mine called me and asked if she could help with laundry, I said, "yeeeeah!" We loaded my van up full of sheets, blankets, bedspreads, comforters, quilts, and all the laundry the five of us have that had to be washed. I'm not kidding. We are talking a van load full (with the seats out of it)! With my washer broken and not getting another one till tonight, I was just overwhelmed. With no exaggeration, we had to of washed 20 loads of laundry! Everything is now washed, dried, AND FOLDED! Now comes the putting away part. I am pooped beyond pooped. I was very surprised it cost tso much. I spent $70 and my friend spent some of her own money too. I had no idea it would cost that much; but it would have been that on my water and electric bill plus it would have taken a month to get it all completed. Oh I am so thankful! She blessed me. Kayla Lou worked very hard today too. She was in there sorting, loading, switching out and then she took complete control of the driers! We took the joint over. It was great:) We only had to throw away one thing that was obviously contaminated with the mold and unfortunately it was Kayla's feather bed. After washing it in hot water, lots of detergent and borax, and drying it, it still smelled horrible. Upon further examination, it was covered it mold spots and ripped. She's very disappointed. I don't see how we are going to replace it, we'll see.

Kaitlyn has been at Memaw's all day. Her Aunt Sheri is in town with her children. Both kids love playing with their cousins. Christopher didn't want to go to school today because he wanted to play with them.

Dewayne came today and ripped off the flooring. Got pictures, but still have to get my husband to download them all.

I have to unload my van and get Kaitlyn home and get ready for Christopher to get off the bus.

Will post more later...and by the way, the kids slept great in their own rooms, in their own beds, and Chris and I got to sleep in our own room, and in our own beds! It was absolutely wonderful.

I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. Whew. It's been a long tunnel, that's for sure!

Be Blessed.

No comments: