Monday, December 1, 2008

Crutches....Again?!

Kayla hurt her knee in February of this year. She fell right on it when she slipped on her blow drier (I know, what was it doing on the floor?....She's 16. That should say it all.) Kayla is a slow healer and is very sensitive to pain. She has a very, very, low pain tolerance level. I sometimes tend to ignore her complaints because of that. Something I am working on. Kayla started having shooting pain in that same knee a few weeks ago. The pain was waking her up at night. Then, this past Saturday, she must have pulled something in moving and cleaning stuff because on Sunday she was in a lot of pain. Today, it was worse. The doctor saw her at 5:15 this afternoon. It appears she has bruised the joints somehow. She will be on crutches for one week. If it's not better by next Monday, she'll have to have X-rays done. Kayla said she is going to personalize the crutches and trim them in pink lace and sequences. She's a nut.

The contractor said he hauled off 800 pounds of flooring today! Hard to believe it was that much. They will be back at 8:00 tomorrow morning to lay the floors and hang the sheet rock.

We let Christopher stay up and watch the Grinch. He is enjoying it. I just asked him, "they are still singing, even though the Grinch stole all their stuff. Do you know why?" He said, "Because...it's Jesus' Birthday!" Hallelujah! My baby gets it:) One my favorite parts of this movie is when the Grinch's heart grows three times. I often use that analogy when sharing my testimony. Ezekiel 36:26 says that the Lord will take that heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh. The Lord, and only the Lord can take a cold, hard heart and make it warm, sensitive, and real. I'm thankful the Lord took my heart of stone, and has given me a heart of flesh!

No comments: