Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busy Bee

I've been awake since before 4 a.m. I can't sleep. This is the first year I haven't been worried about Christmas. It's been cool. Refreshing. Keeps things in perspective. I have to say, it must be the Lord working overtime. I read Marybeth's blog http://marybethwhalen.blogspot.com/) just about daily (with Proverbs 31 Ministries......http://proverbs31.gospelcom.net/). She told of how each of her children get three gifts each (she has six by the way..yikes!). Each gift is represented by Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh. The Gold is the luxurious, non practical gift, the frankincense is the growth gift...something that will grown them spiritually, and the myrrh is the practical gift...clothes, shoes, maybe earrings. I tried scrolling back to find that particular post, but can't find it, sorry. BUT, if you would go through her post and read some, I know you will be blessed. She also has an e-book that you can order. WOW! It's great. I was given it as a gift. It gave me some great ideas and put things back in perspective for me this year...Christmas Joy.... it sure isn't found in the shelves of our stores, or under our trees, but in our hearts. We haven't done much shopping at all, but we did pick up a few things at LifeWay yesterday. They had a great sale on Friday and Saturday. We got her the most awesome....oh, I would tell you what we got Kayla, but I found out she has recently started reading my post when she found I talked about her:) Anyway, Chris and I have discussed this and I am pretty sure this will begin a new tradition with us. I believe it will help us keep our focus and be more "picky" in our gift giving. We are also starting this year by making a birthday cake...for Jesus! My three year old, Kaitlyn, EVERY TIME we say "Christmas" she yells, with her finger pointing in the air as if to get more enthusiastic, "JESUS' BIRTHDAY!" It's great. We are also having a Christmas Breakfast this year instead of the traditional Turkey/Ham dinner.

Friday was a long day...left my house at 9 a.m. and didn't leave Pine Summit until 9 p.m. Shopping and baking and preparing for the Dessert Theater...I was exhausted. I didn't have to be there until 4 pm last night and the same for tonight.

I can't remember if I mentioned or not, but our refrigerator has died! Can you believe it? We noticed something was leaking when we got back in the house, but thought it was the ice maker or water filtering system...it was the ice maker alright...it was the ice melting! We have had to throw away all the food in the freezer and the fridge. We have our milk and juice in a cooler... I thought we had a fridge, but the lady called yesterday when I was resting. She hasn't returned my several phone calls since then. So, if you are reading this, pray for a refrigerator! Nothing fancy, used is great! We've already told Lucie a refrigerator takes precedence over counter tops and cabinets...so pray for a great deal of a fridge...OK! I did get some good news though. After telling a friend about the ordeal, I mentioned my renters insurance... so I called USAA. I had a message on my phone when I got through with the dessert theater than USAA will reimburse us for our loss of food!! Hallelujah! I was doin' the jig~it wasn't a pretty sight, but nonetheless, I was doing it! I'll call him back on Monday with a list of food items I thew away...whew.

Well, I have already drank my two cup limit of coffee for the day, but I think I just might need to make another cup or two.

Have a blessed Sunday. Please continue to pray for Kayla. She is hurting so bad, she voluntarily said she wanted to stay home from church this morning. Christopher is still have coughing spells and breathing treatments, BUT Kaitlyn seems to be trying to get better! Another Hallelujah!

More next week when life slows down....

No comments: