Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Results of Ritalin

Well, I don't know how to take the day. This morning was absolutely fabulous! I didn't know my life could be so nice! Christopher and Kaitlyn interacted wonderfully. Christopher didn't scream and yell, he even reasoned with her telling her that "the blue car is mine and the other one is yours." I'm telling you, he was a different child...until this afternoon. I gave him the second dose and I'm talking Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde! We were at Memaw's packing and he was crying, screaming, throwing fits, throwing stuff...I just don't get it.

I gave Christopher half a dose this morning and half a dose this afternoon. My thoughts were that I'd rather build up than go down if he had too much medication. He still didn't slow down enough to take a nap; he just wouldn't quit. We'll give him the full dose tomorrow. I'll be cooking all day, so Chris will have him solo. I'd appreciate your prayers for both of them, for Christopher so he doesn't get frustrated and for Chris, well, so he doesn't get frustrated!

I was reviewing some of my notes for my devotional and came across something in one of my Bibles that I hadn't seen in a while. In the Nelson Study Bible (NKJV), there is a section giving the description of the Christian Life. There is so much information I can't type it all, but here is a run down of them:

Who we are, in Christ....

Soldiers (2 Tim 2:3 & 4), Farmers (2 Tim 2:6), Athletes (2 Tim 2:5), Workers (2 Tim 2:15), Vessels (2 Tim 2:20 & 21), Fishers of men (Matt 4:19), Salt (Matt 5:13), Light (Matt 5:14 - 16), Branches (John 15:5), Stewards (I Cor 4: 1 & 2), Ambassadors (2 Cor 5:20), Living stones (I Pet 2:5), Priests (I Pet 2:5, 9, 10), Sojourners (I Pet 2:11)!

WOW!

I can do all things, through Christ who strengthen me!

No comments: