Monday, August 11, 2008

MTV Models

WEAR3 mentioned on their news this morning that MTV is doing a new reality show. They are looking for girls ages 17 to something to cast in this new show. They are casting at Pensacola Beach today. If my Kayla new about it, she would be there now. Fortunately for me, she is only 16. Kayla wants to model so bad it hurts. She is a beautiful young lady, both on the inside and on the out.

My Granny used to have a saying, "Pretty is as pretty does" and "Beauty is only skin deep." As a teenager I never really understood that, even as a young adult. By the worlds standards we are taught we have to look a certain way in order to succeed. I lived in that bondage for years. Growing up I was physically attractive, even into my adult years, but my insides were just plain stinky. Today, as I struggle with my weight and aging, and as much as I wish I still had the outward beauty I had of yesteryear, I know how beautiful I am on the "inside" and how that makes all the difference in the world.

Success is measured by crazy standards in the world today. It's very easy to get side tracked. It's very easy to get jealous and be envious of what others have too. The Bible says not to envy evil men or to not be jealous over sinners. For me that means I can't compare what I have or don't have to what other's have or don't have. That doesn't necessarily mean monetarily either, it could mean physically.... T.V. advertisements and magazines tell us tall, thin and beautiful is the way to be and if you aren't, it's OK to alter your physical body to get what you want. I'm not saying all surgeries are wrong, some weight loss surgeries are necessary for obvious health reasons, but what I am saying is what happened to "pretty is as pretty does" and "beauty is only skin deep?"

When I am gone from this physical realm on earth, I don't want to be remembered for a physically beautiful person, but for a person whose heart was good...who loved Jesus with all my heart, who shared that love with others, who cared for other people...after all, my physical body will be lying in a box somewhere rotten and stinky! Hmmmm...something to think about I think.

1 comment:

goob44 said...

I think you're beautiful on the outside as well.
Love ya