Sunday, July 13, 2008

Remembering...


We are on our way out to Sunday School and Church this morning, but wanted to share something real quick. On July 28th of 2000 my Granny passed away. I had been praying the Lord would give me two years to show my family that I had changed. I never would have dreamed He would have taken her that soon after the celebration of my two years sobriety. In my heart I feel she was taken away too early. BUT, while that part of me is based on emotions, I rest in the fact that I know the Lord's timing is perfect and if it wasn't her time, then He wouldn't have let her go home to Him. She was a neat lady. It was shortly after 5 a.m. on the morning we got the phone call to get to the hospital; as I was driving across the three mile bridge to Baptist Gulf Breeze Hospital, the sun was rising on the horizon. The Lord instantly gave me Psalm 113:13, "From the rising of the sun to its setting, let the name of the Lord be praised." I miss her daily; but nearly eight years later, that scripture still gives me comfort. A mentor of mine says, "I don't have to understand, but I have to have faith." She gets that from Proverbs 3: 5 & 6.

1 comment:

Truthseeker said...

A very good word!
Upon my Father's passing this very morning, I have cried out to God to comfort my flesh, and asked for proof as the example of the 'fleece', that he may have made it to accept God's Grace through faith in Jesus by the skin of his teeth.
It has served to fire me up to be more bold in delivering His HOPE of His Blessed assurance. And guess what?!
My brother has asked his pastor in Massachusetts (a dark place) to say a few words at his funeral on Thursday. He will be delivering the Word of that very thing: Blessed assurance and the Hope in us. . . the Hope of all nations!
OH WHAT A PEACE I HAVE AND DESIRE TO SHARE . . . .that JESUS is the way, the Truth and the Life!
Amen!
Love you Stacey. This is good.