Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh My Aching Back!

Well, my doctor's appointment yesterday came back inconclusive. I either have a kidney infection or have pulled a muscle in my back. Was given antibiotics in case it's a kidney infection and have to go back on Thursday. So much for family day trips! Oh well, I'm just glad my husband is home this week to help while I'm down.

Several months ago at the E-Women's Conference, the Lord confirmed several "things" in my life. One was to finish writing my book, that I would continue to "feed the hungry" (you can read about that in "My Heart's Desire") and one that I had been "teeter tottering" in ...being involved in Women's Ministry. Now I didn't know what that meant, rather behind the scenes or sharing my testimony, but it was a confirmation I had been waiting on for some time. Shortly after sharing this experience, I was given another confirmation as I was invited to share my testimony at a Women's Conference that is coming up in October! I couldn't believe it. It was then I knew I had to have the devotional finished by then. However, it seems since I made that public profession to service in Women's Ministry that I, and my family have been under attack. That doesn't surprise me because the last thing satan wants is for me to succeed to the calling of the Lord. It's going to take a miracle to get the book finished by October. With my personal health problems and trying to learn about my son's health problems and not forgetting about my husband and two other children, I'm about wiped.

There is one scripture, actually two that have helped me. I'll write one of them out, the other I'll share another day.

Psalm 139: 1 - 15 (Hollman Christian Standard Bible)

"Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I stand up; You understand my thoughts from far away. You observe my travels and my rest; You are aware of all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, You know all about it, Lord.
You have encircle me; You have placed Your hand on me. This extraordinary knowledge is beyond me. It is lofty; I am unable to reach it.
Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there. If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits, even there Your hand will lead me; Your right hand will hold on to me. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me, and the light around me will become night" even the darkness is not dark to You. The night shines like the day; darkness and light are alike to You.
For it was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful and I know this very well. My bones were not hidden from you when I was made in secret, when I was formed in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began."

Hhhmmm...."Where can I go Lord from your presence?" Nowhere!

Be Blessed in Him Today!

No comments: