Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation....?

My husband starts his vacation today. Nope, not going anywhere. We have a "to-do" list that's been growing and needs to be dwindled down. We purchased a season pass for the zoo with income tax return this year. We've only been once. We are planning a day there with the kids. If you have read my husband's blog, you know this will not be a pleasant trip for him. He tolerates it because the kids and I love it. We are hoping to spend a few hours at the beach one day. We can't stay long or go late in the day as our youngest child is allergic to all types of sun block. Weirdest thing the doctor has seen. Fortunately for her she has her dad's and grandma's beautiful olive skin and tans like nothing I've ever seen before. We are also going to take the kids to the Naval Aviation Museum one day. My son loves airplanes and ships. Kayla will have lunch with Justin one day in between the activities and "to-do's". I've done something to my back causing excruciating pain; hoping ice and rest will somehow "make it go away" so I can enjoy the activities with my family.

I haven't updated on Eddie lately. I guess in my mind, not putting it down on paper, well, in type, would somehow make in not real; but reality is Eddie is not doing well. Since the surgery to remove a blood clot on his brain, Eddie has developed a staph infection. His blood work showed he is 100% full of cancer and his brain is function only about 30%. He is breathing on his own, but is on a respirator to help. That's all I care to talk about that for now.

A dear friend of mine told me, "You know what Eddie would tell us, that during these times, it is more important to walk in attitude #9 (from The Most Excellent Way ministry). Perseverance." These 10 steps total are taken out of the Sermon on the Mount...the Beatitudes. Number 9, Perseverance says,: Jesus said, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven..." Matthew 5: 11- 12. Then it says, "I stand firm in my faith that Jesus is in control of all things."

I'm resting in my faith that Jesus is in control of all things. My God is not beyond a miracle right now. I am praying and believing for one.

Please continue to pray for the Echarri family.

Be Blessed in Him today.

No comments: