Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why Are You So Mean?!

Mid to late afternoon's are my body's "munch" time.  I snack and snack.  In the past, those snacks have been snicker bars, potato chips, ICE CREAM . . . you get the drift.  I've replaced those snack time indulgences with more healthy options such as grapes, apples, fruit smoothies, in order to get my through to dinner. 

**You'll have to mute the music player below to hear the song posted below.**

A few days ago, Kaitlyn looked at me and started singing the chorus to Taylor Swift's song, Mean. (Kaityln, and Kayla for that, are huge Taylor Swift fans.)  I said, "Why are you singing that to me?"  She said, "Cause you are being MEAN!"  I laughed at the moment, in fact, chimed in with her, until this morning.

My journal entry for this morning was this, "The last three or four days I have been snippy in the afternoons when my normal snacky munchie time sets in - anxiousness sets in as my body craves to eat - doesn't matter what it is - junk food or healthy - I just crave the gorging full "feeling."  It's just as wrong for me to gorge on healthy as it is to gorge on junk, not health wise, but heart wise.  See, the point is I have to get past the necessity of  gorging or I will just replace this food addiction with another as I did with the alcohol almost 13 years ago.  As I mentioned before, these spouts have been going on for the last three or four days; so today, I am putting it before the Lord, so He will quicken my spirit and give me, show me, a way out."

Then, I read today's devotion from "Jesus Calling."  It was so good and it amazed me how it was referring to exactly what I had journaled!

Jesus Calling

LET ME HELP YOU get through this day. There are many possible paths to travel between your getting up in the morning and your lying down at night.  Stay alert tot he many choice-points along the way, being continually aware of My Presence.  You will get through this day one way or the other.  One way is to moan and groan, stumbling along with shuffling feet.  This will get you to the end of the day, eventually, but there is a better way.  You can choose to walk with Me along the path of Peace, leaning on Me as much as you need.  There will still be difficulties along the way, but you can face them confidently in My strength.  Thank Me for each problem you encounter, and watch to see how I transform trials into blessings.

The scriptures given to study are:

I Corinthians 10:10, "And do not grumble as some of them did - and were killed by the destroying angel."

Luke 1:79, "to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Was that confirmation, or what??!!  Today my goal is to take my thoughts captive before they come out of my mouth! 

Father I pray my victory at day's end is that my children will be able to see a difference in me regarding my attitude.  Believing it to be so!  Amen!

No comments: