Saturday, June 11, 2011

Living and Breathing

So this morning my husband wakes me at 4:45 for me to get up to do my walk.  I didn't move.  My body ached all over and in places I didn't know existed anymore!  I asked for a few more minutes to muster the strength to get up . . . . next thing I knew it was 5:45!

While I was thankful to get my two miles in, I was frustrated I didn't get up as early.  Dogs were barking, cars were driving by me, distraction after distraction.  Nonetheless I rejoiced in my victory of not giving up despite the physical pain.

Since I was up walking so early yesterday I missed the sunrise, but this morning, the Lord blessed me with the most gorgeous sunrise.  With that picturesque sunrise I was reminded of Psalm 113:3, "From the rising to the setting of the sun, I will praise the Lord."  I didn't have my camera with me, but will be taking one with me from now, but found this picture of the sunrise on-line.  The sun was this bright this morning as it shone through the trees!


I am trying a new recipe tonight, it's called, "Chicken with Watermelon-Mango Salsa." I will post the recipe later tonight after the kids are in bed and let you know my thoughts on it.

If you have any recipes using whole wheat pastas, or anything that is "healthy," I would really appreciate you sending them to me.  I am struggling with what to cook.  I don't want to get bored with repetition of what I am eating and set myself up to be sabotaged!

After posting my blog posts over the last few days, something cool happened.  I received many phone calls, texts, emails from people thanking me for posting, sharing their successes stories, and some starting their own journey's.  For those just starting your journey, I am praying for you.  I pray for strength to take the first steps and strength to take the next ones too!  Drink LOTS of water!  It works!  Once I started drinking water, I stayed thirty for three days.  I literally could not get enough to drink.  I was completely dehydrated.

We no longer have to be in bondage over food.  Yesterday afternoon and last night was very hard for me and my horrible attitude was showing it.  I was hungry; couldn't get satisfied and had cravings of EVERYTHING that was IN the house, so the foods I was craving were fully accessible.  Even though I was hungry and my stomach was growling, I sat down to read more of "Made to Crave" and opened my copy of scripture.  A calmness came over my spirit that allowed me to process and think. 

We can be free; that freedom comes from the One within!  He is Living and Breathing.  John 8:32 says, "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free."  I pray you know the one that can set you free.

No comments: