Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weekly Check-In

OK; I lost 2lbs this week! I was hoping for more as I really worked hard; but that's OK. I've been over a week with no cokes; I've increased my water to 64 oz a day (minimum); I've added fruits and veggies to my snack time, and we aren't eating out like we were. Good changes have started.

I've had a horrible headache for over nine days now. I had my follow-up appointment for my EEG yesterday. I was on the skirts of a full blow migraine. He gave me some samples to try getting rid of it and gave me a different prescription to take as a preventative as we just couldn't afford the Topamax. He said my EEG shows signs of seizures, but since I am not having any there's no reason to do further testing unless they start. Anyway, my goal/hope for this week is to start walking; depending, of couse on the headaches.

The scripture I am reading and claiming daily is I Corinthians 9: 24 - 27

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict straining. They do it to get a crown that will not last; BUT we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. NO, I BEAT MY BODY AND MAKE IT MY SLAVE so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." woo-hoo!

Now, I have to get some ice on my neck and close my eyes. OH, one more thing though, Christopher is doing OK. Yesterday was two weeks with no medications. He's had some pretty bad days, and some good days. We have noticed on the days he gets less than 11 hours of sleep, or that we have to wake him at 6 a.m. to catch the 6:30 bus, that he has pretty miserable days. We have been putting him to bed at 7:00, which is early, but he isn't napping during the days anymore with out his medication. He doesn't fall asleep right away, but usually by 7:30 he is asleep. We've decided to try something...let him sleep in each morning and take him to school. This will not become a normal thing once he is back on meds, but we are trying to help him, his teacher and other students not have to deal with disruptions. We'll see what happens. I thank you for your prayers.

Me.

1 comment:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

First-- I promise to be praying for all of you-
Second-- I think it is super cool that you realized that Christopher needs more sleep to do well--Great Job figuring that out!
Third-- Great job stopping the soda and increasing the water! --
I have another verse for you--
2 Corinthians 4:7-9
I am reading confessions of a prayer wimp and when I read this I knew it was for someone-- maybe you- maybe me!
Grace soon to you and yours!