Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chris Sligh Performs Empty Me

Have you heard this song? It's been around for a while, but grows on me more and more. I hope you'll take the time to listen to the song, and then read the lyrics below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDS-QlwpDw&feature=related

I've had just enoughOf the spotlight when it burns bright To see how it gets in the bloodI've tasted my shareOf the sweet life and the wild rideAnd found a little is not quite enoughI know how I can strayAnd how fast my heart could change

Empty me of the selfishness insideEvery vain ambition and the poison of my prideAnd any foolish thing my heart holds toLord, empty me of me so I can be filled with you

I've seen just enoughOf the quick buys, of the best liesTo know how prodigals can be drawn awayI know how I can strayAnd how fast my heart could change

Empty me of the selfishness insideEvery vain ambition and the poison of my prideAnd any foolish thing my heart holds toLord, empty me of me so I can be filled with you

‘Cause everything is a lesser thingCompared to you, compared to you‘Cause everything is a lesser thingCompared to you, so I surrender all

Empty me of the selfishness insideEvery vain ambition and the poison of my prideEmpty me of the selfishness insideEvery vain ambition and the poison of my prideAnd any foolish thing my heart holds toLord, empty me of me so I can beLord, empty me of me so I can be filled with you

Whew! Isn't it amazing?! Powerful! Whew... I just love it.

No comments: