Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Write Down This Vision..."

In the early part of last year, the Lord put it on my heart to read Habakkuk. I do not have a lot of knowledge regarding the Old Testament, so try learning what I can. Most of what I have learned from the Bible is what has been taught to me under pastor's and discipleship classes; however, the Lord also has blessed me with the desire to open His Word, to study it and to write devotionals from His word, that apply to every day life. For some, every day life involves drugs and alcohol, for some it involves abusive husbands, for some that involves disable children, for some that involves wayward children....just every day life for different folks. Hence, came the beginning of my devotional book.

In April of 2008 while attending the EWomen's Conference in Pensacola, Florida, Thelma Wells quoted a scripture that jumped right off the pages of my Bible. It was found in Habakkuk. That's right, the very book of the Bible the Lord has taken me to just weeks earlier. The verse was Chapter 2, verses 2 & 3. "Write down this vision; clearly inscribe it on tablets so one may easily read it. For the vision is yet for the appointment; it testifies about the end and will not lie. Though it delays, WAIT FOR IT, since it will certainly come and not be late." For me, I walked away from the conference knowing two things, one is that I would continue to feed people and that I would one day feed the hungry. The second thing I walked away with was confirmation that I would one day be serving in Women's Ministry. Now, I didn't know what that meant, whether behind the scenes, whether publicly speaking, or even if that meant in a different area of The Most Excellent Way....I wasn't sure, all I knew is that I had been called. I made that public to my Pastor, I made that public to a very close knit community. Within in a matter of weeks I was asked to share my testimony on a Sunday evening at Pine Summit Baptist Church about my life as an alcoholic and what The Most Excellent Way had done for me. Pine Summit had just kicked off their new meetings and was trying to make people more aware of this ministry. A few weeks after that I was asked to speak at a Women's Conference that was going to be held at Pine Summit. That being their first conference, and many chiefs, that unfortunately fell through. Though I know that no good good thing will be withheld from me, it just wasn't the Lord's timing. I have often questioned if I heard from the Lord correctly that day, as turmoil has plagued my family, we have been hit from every angle there is. It has been an exhausting nine months. I would appreciate it, if you would please pray for me. Pray for my family. I believe the Lord has given me a great story of hope to share with the hurting, and the hungry. One day, I will be able to feed the hungry and homeless, and will be able to reach and help the hurting women of alcohol and drug abuse. I don't know His timing, and I still have oh so much to learn. Again, I would just treasure your prayers.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Van said...

Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7. God will use you!

MrsProverbs31 said...

Stacey, you are in my daily prayers from this day on. Please, update me with His responses.