Monday, January 19, 2009

Knee Surgery Update

Kayla came through surgery fine. Her nurse only had to stick her the one time for her I.V. (huge answer to prayer.) Kayla has very tiny veins and usually has to get stuck many, many times. The surgeon removed cartilage that was damaged and hanging. Cleaned up the area. She starts rehab on Wednesday or Thursday, can start putting weight on her leg on Wednesday and should be fully recovered in six weeks. Thanks for the many, many prayers sent to heaven on her behalf.

Thursday I am having to have two teeth pulled; one of which I broke when I hit my head Christmas Eve.... I have two others we are watching that I loosened when I hit my head. As you can probably tell, Kayla gets her gracefulness from her mother:)

Chris was a trooper with the kids; Christopher was home today for MLK Day. My mom came over and helped with dinner, baths and bed time as Kayla and I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. (Thanks mom:) Every time my mom comes and helps out, I find myself more thankful for a God of restoration. My mom and I haven't always liked each other. Wow, we've come a long way. Makes me thankful for my mom.

The next few days will be filled with ice packs and pain medications. I'll be out of it Thursday, so will post when I can.

Oh, by the way, history is being made tomorrow.

No comments: