Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Small Potatoes!

Yesterday when I read my Jesus Calling devotional, I read one of yesterday's scriptures and the other ones were for today's.  Of course, I didn't notice that until this morning.

I did noticed they didn't seem to go directly hand in hand like they usually do, but nonetheless they spoke volumes. 

Today, as I am writing out the scriptures in my journal, I thought, "OK Lord, you MUST really be trying to tell me something . . . didn't we just do this one?"  After checking, I noticed the error. 

I re-wrote the scriptures that were meant for today and THEN was prompted by the Holy Spirit to read and write out yesterday's scriptures . . . . .

SO appropriate for a woman that was filled with anxiety and worrisome thoughts until the wee hours of the morning!

Philippians 4:19, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4: 6- 7, "Do not worry about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Today's scriptures that was read yesterday and today . . . . . (I read  this is many translations, but then read it in the message . . . . loved the way it was put!)

2 Corinthians 4: 16 - 18,  "So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever."

ISN'T THAT JUST GOOD YA'LL!?!

Habakkuk 3:19, "Yahweh my Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer and enables me to walk on mountain heights."

Not sure what you are struggling with today, whether it's worrisome thoughts, or tired and weary, but I pray you will be filled with a peace given only by the Father.

Give me feet like a deer, Lord, as you take me to  new heights!  Amen!

No comments: