Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Stew! Oh MY!

WARNING!  If you do not have SELF CONTROL, then do NOT make this if you have trouble stopping with one serving . . . not helping, serving! 

I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com and searched for slow cooker chicken recipes. 

I changed the recipe a bit; so I am going to give it to you as I made it.  You can adjust and make it your own as I did; but it's super great and super easy!

3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into small bites
2 1/2 medium red potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup baby carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery
1 tsp Chicken Base (I thought it was too salty, so the next time I fix this I will not add it. Chris thought it was perfect . . . so it depends on your salt taste.)
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
Black Pepper
16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables

Combine chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, soup, chicken base, garlic salt, black pepper in crock pot.  Cook on high for 4 hours.

Stir in frozen mixed veggies into the slow cooker and cook 1 hour more.

The recipe showed serving it over biscuits; well I didn't have any and WAS NOT going to make them from scratch (would have defeated the purpose of crock pot cookin' to me!); so I pulled out good ole Pillsbury Crescents! 

It was FANTASTIC!  Yes, biscuits would have been better; but wow! 

I have been really trying to watch my eating; and started to not even eat this; but I had a very small portion with one crescent and am full!  It does not take much to satisfy; promise!

Hope you enjoy!

Stacey

No comments: