Sunday, October 9, 2011

Turning 40 And Fat Cells

I became curious during this weight loss journey of mine and started doing a little research.  Because the explanation of fat cells and their terminology was a little; well, OK; a lot, out of my educational/understanding range, I had to have someone educated in the field explain it to me, that could then explain it on my level.

In simple terms, she told me that we are actually born with the number of fat cells we will have in our lifetime.  She then went on to tell me that what we feed our bodies determinies if those fat cells grow or not.  Hmmm.  Simple enough, right?! 

We truly are what we eat! 

As I was typing I thought of the Biblical aspects of that as well.  Our Pastor puts it best, "Garbage in, garbage out."  My spiritual heart will only grow when it is fed.  One feeds the spiritual heart by spending time in the word, surrounding oneself with men and women that love the Lord and will encourage and challenge us. 
  
Something I just thought of that makes me smile is the Grinch that Stole Christmas.  Let me explain.

During the first few years of my sobriety, the Lord worked on many of my hurts; some, we are still working on. 

One of the first Most Excellent Way meetings I attended was on the topic of "Forgiveness."  I became so upset that "I had to forgive" this woman or I wouldn't be forgiven! I said, "I would rather die and go to hell that to forgive her for what she did."  Obviously, I had no clue what I was really saying; but, at the time; I meant it (I did not know the Lord at this time).

  This is what my heart looked like  . . . .

 

Then, a sweet, dear, dear lady approched me after that meeting and told me she would be praying for me.  Her name was Cora.  It's been 13 years and I can still see the hurt and pain in her eyes as she spoke to me.  The following week she approached me with pages of scriptures and handwritten prayers she had been praying over me.  The prayers of that precious woman began the healing process of my heart.

Shortly after, the Lord gave me a scripture that would show me exactly what He can do. 

The Bible says, in Ezekiel 36:26, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." 

THAT is what He did for me!!  I had begun feeding my spiritual soul  by getting in The Word, was growing as a young Christian and surrounding myself with people that would grow and challenge me! 

He took a cold, hard heart out, and gave me one of flesh . . . a new heart! 


My heart had grown; MORE than three sizes!


While only God can perform miracles and heal the heart; we, as believers in Christ, must do our part, to study; pray and be willing to ask God to do the unthinkable, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." (Psalm 139:23)

I'm not sure where all that came from and obviously there were some rabits chased, cause all I wanted to do was post some before weight loss and turning 40 pictures!  The point that is on my heart is "Good in, Good out; Bad in, Bad out."  That goes for the physical as well as the spiritual.  I don't know why I couldn't have said it that short to begin with!

The following picture was taken on May 23, 2011.

 

This picture was taken today, October 9, 2011 after losing 51 pounds!  My goal was to lose 40 by the time I turned 40 (October 7th).  God shined favor on me to do this.  My next goal was 20 more pounds to lose before the end of the year.  I have 9 more to go to reach that; and will then be just over half-way through this journey.


It's strange; I really had no idea the difference.  I had to purchase new hose to wear!  Last week when I got home from church they had fallen all the way down!  OH!  And my feet are shrinking!  MY FEET!  I was actually able to get my foot into an 8 1/2 shoe!   Where does it all go?  I still don't get it?  I guess I don't have to get it and don't really care as long as it keeps coming off. 

Two days ago I started my 30 minute exercise program.  My doctor wants me doing cardio for 30 minutes a day, six days a week.  He believes the reason for the continued headaches is Fibromyalgia related.  The best way to deal with Fibromyalgia is to have ones weight under control and exercise; so I'm doing what I gotta do!   

Thanks for praying for me on this journey.

Please keep Christopher in your prayers.  Will update soon on him.

Continuing, to Walk in Victory,

Stacey

No comments: