Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday's Weigh In . . . Blah, Blah, Blah . . . .

I have so struggled with my eating since my surgery.  It's been just over two months and I just can't get my focus back!

I thought I had only lost half a pound, but when I put my weight in on myfitnesspal.com; it showed one pound loss. I don't know how because I sure haven't tried.  It's been horrible.

My heart just isn't in it.  Still doing my quiet time, still doing my scripture references; so what has changed? Not sure exactly.  Laziness has kicked in I guess, as I am not journaling my food entries anymore. 

We implemented a schedule in our home this week. 

The Lord had been putting it on my heart; then it was confirmed through Mom2Mom on Sunday night.  (He has also put it on my heart to plan a monthly menu.  I will be working on that next!)

My Monday morning prayer time was mostly praying and asking God to give me a schedule for the kids.  Immediately He gave it to me.  I am still in awe.  With all the appointments we have for speech and therapy for Christopher; getting Chris and Kayla to PSC and Kaitlyn to school, we had to have SOME flexibility; so I simply explained, "this is the schedule God has given me."  It is NOT written in stone; but is a guide.  (If I told Christopher it was to be followed exactly "like this," he would have melt down after melt down from changes.)

We have been waking him up at 6:15 every morning when we get Kaitlyn up.  My mornings have started at 5 a.m. (and the occasional 5:15 when I JUST. CAN'T. GET. OUT. OF. THE. BED!) so I can have my time with the Lord.

Since day one of implementing the schedule, Christopher has been asleep BEFORE 8:00!  We have turned the television off by 7 P.M. and withing 30 to 45 minutes he (and Kaitlyn) are out.  It has been amazing.  Still having troubles with the melt downs and aggression; but not as bad as it has been.  Christopher LOVES to watch the cooking channel.  We have the most basic of basic cable; but still get the Food Network!  I told him Friday night's would be the night's he can watch cooking.  He is glad; but emotional (he is very tired).

Over the last few weeks I have sensed the Lord is preparing us for a change.  I would appreciate your prayers as we seek Him to see what He has in store for our family.  And please pray I can get my cravings under control!

Trusting in Him as He grows my faith,

Stacey

No comments: