Friday, July 1, 2011

Fourth of July Fruit Pizza

Several years ago, (when I ran the kitchen at Olive), a friend of mine made a fruit dessert that wowed me.  It's been MANY years, and I made a tweak or two to make it my own, but here it is. 

This is my rendition of a Fruit Pizza!


















What you need:

1 mission 96% fat free flour tortilla
pam oven spray
brown sugar
3/4 c fresh strawberries
4 tablespoons fresh blueberries
chocolate syrup
powder sugar

Cut the flour tortilla in fourths.  Lightly spray each flour tortilla with oven spray.  Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each triangle.  Place in toaster oven and toast until golden brown/crispy.  Once cool, divide strawberries into fourths; 1 tablespoon of blueberries on each triangle, drizzle LIGHTLY with chocolate syrup and sprinkle LIGHTLY with powder sugar.

Pick it up and eat it!  Yes, some of the blueberries will roll off, just lean over the plate! lol! 

My friend used blackberries along with the blueberries and strawberries, and a fat free cool whip on top of hers and then drizzled with the syrup.  I opted for the powder sugar because that is what I had on hand.  That's the good thing about recipes, you can make them your own!

Enjoy! 

Stacey

Nutritional information (based on how I made it, not with whip cream):

Calories: 70 Carbs: 18 Fat: 1 Protein: 2 Fiber: 2 Sodium: 84

No comments: