Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Every Action Has A Consequence! (I hate the bad ones though!)

Cant stop crying.  

I got a ticket today; for not being patient. 

I was tired of waiting behind four cars that were turning left on Nine Mile in 4:30 traffic.  I needed to go right.  I cut through the parking lot at the Citgo on the corner of Jernigan and Nine Mile.  Thought absolutely nothing of it; I just needed to get home, get dinner in the oven and get Kayla to work.  I didn't have time to sit and wait.  So when the police officer turned his pretty blue lights on in my rear view mirror I really had no idea what I had done wrong; after all, he didn't stop me until I was nearing the Subway/Sonic/Wells Fargo Bank area.  I really had no idea what I had done wrong.  How easily we forget.

I haven't had a traffic citation or had any "dealings" with any police officers in just over 13 years.  It has genuinely broken my heart, not only that I did something sooo stupid; but something that is going to cause even more financial strain on an already stressed household.  Overwhelms me.

The tickets itself is $168.  I can not even think about what it is going to do to our auto insurance.  Just absolutely has me in knots.

I keep thinking of what I try teaching my children; every action has a consequence.  A good actions brings positive consequences and a bad actions (such as BREAKING THE LAW!) has negative consequences.  While typing this the Lord is whispering, "the fruits of the spirit Stacey, the fruits of the spirit."

Since I OBVIOUSLY need some reminding:

Galatians 5:22-23


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love,  joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness,  goodness, faith,  gentleness, self-control.  Against such things there is no law."




I need to take my own teachings into practice this day (and everyday); and walk in the Spirit in which I am called.  (Looks like my faith muscle is going to be stretched yet again!)

ON A POSITVE NOTE THOUGH . . . . TODAY is the FIRST day I haven't gone over on my sugar levels in my eating!!  Seizing THAT victory today and thankful for it ;)

Continuing to walk in victory (even on bad days!),

Stacey

No comments: