Friday, February 10, 2012

Pure Sweetness

If you didn't read yesterday's post, then this will not make sense to you; so you might want to check it out before reading on.

God has always amazed me in His impeccable timing.  Not a "caught me by surprise" amazement, but an aweness amazement.

Last week, a friend of mine gave me the One Year Women's Devotional.  I had wanted to purchase this book, but God clearly told me, "No."  Receiving it from such a special friend, that had no idea I even desired the book, was a sweet nugget from my Heavenly Father.  Later that evening, when I opened to the first devotional, my mouth dropped.  Just days before I had shared how God revealed to me that I was not loving unconditionally.  He showed me that I have not been loving through disappointment.  So I put out a plea from readers and friends through facebook, to share with me how they (you) have learned to love through disappointment.  I am still putting together a lot of facts, opinions, and personal revelations in regards to loving unconditionally and can not wait to share it all with you.  (You may click here to read that post if you'd like.)

I share that detail because when I opened the book, the first devotional was titled, "Hope Does Not Disappoint."  HOW COOL IS THAT!?!  I immediately emailed my friend to ask if she knew (thinking maybe that is why she gave it to me).  Her response came back in all caps, "OH MY WORD, NO!"  I noticed the devotional begins on a Monday, so I waited to start it so I would not have to keep up with what day I read yesterday! 

God is confirming day after day that I am indeed hearing from Him.

In fact, He did it again this very morning.

After sharing with you the struggles I am facing with depression, this mornings scriptures were right on target.

In the Jesus Calling devotional I use daily, I read, "Don't fall into the trap of being constantly on the go.  Many, many things people do in My Name have no value in My Kingdom.  To avoid doing meaningless works, stay in continual communication with Me." 

God sweetly whispered, "You are on the right track, Stacey."

Then I read the reading from the One Year devotional.  The scriptures come from Psalm 42:5 & 11 (but I would like to encourage you to read all of Psalm 42).  (I use the Holman Christian Standard Bible for my daily readings.)

Psalm 42:5, "Why am I so depressed?  Why this turmoil within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God."

Psalm 42:11, "Why am I so depressed?  Why this turmoil within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God."

Again, God's timing!  If I had started the devotional in the middle of the week; none of this would have impacted this heart like it did this day. 

The timing was God's timing. 

The devotional was given, when God wanted me to have it. 

I started it when God wanted me to start it, so the devotionals could be read that needed to be read to encourage a weary heart.

As I am typing, the words, "Oh How He Loves You And Me," comes to mind.

Pure sweetness.

No comments: