Sunday, November 16, 2008

Silver Linings

We got the power back on to the camper today. Kayla helped me get things set up. A friend from Sunday School took our laundry and washed for me. Another friend picked up lunch for us and came and visited. Chris dug a pit for a fire today. We did S'mores. Kayla and Justin took apart wire coat hangers for us and put the marshmallow's on those. Memaw and Uncle Craig came over and roasted marshmallows and made S'mores too and enjoyed some hot chocolate. It was nice. It was then, sitting around the fire, that I saw a silver lining. It's called quality time. It was nice for Justin to be over here hanging out instead of Kayla always being at his family's. It was just nice. We took a few pictures of us all sitting around the fire. It might be a few days before I can post those as we are having to depend on other peoples computer right now. Another silver lining I experienced tonight...the stars. I can't tell you the last time I have looked up towards the heavens and just gazed. Tonight, walking back from Memaw's, I looked up and saw the most beautiful picture...creation. I have been too busy about stuff that just doesn't matter. I've been to distant from people who want to be close and I have missed out on too many family opportunities.

I sure don't know where all this is going and I sure don't know how long we are going to be able to camp out, but this moment, I am thankful the Lord allowed me to experience a glimpse of Him tonight. I don't understand His mercy and grace and after the doubt and confusion that I've experienced, I sure don't deserve what He showed me tonight.

My husband has been a real trooper through all this. He's not one to go camping, and I know he feels responsible for all this, and I know he is hurting right now, but I can honestly say if these events had not occurred, he and I would not be doing as well as we are right now. For me, it's been like a rekindling of romance.... oo-la-la! It's been nice.

Time to get some rest after not sleeping last night.

More later.

No comments: