Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pardoned

Yesterday the President of the United States pardoned Pumpkin and Pecan. Every year I hear of this pardoning I am reminded of a Bible Study I did. If you, reading this right now, have asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, then you too have been pardoned. Instead of being doomed to an eternity of hell, you have been freed to live eternity in the Glories of Heaven with Jesus, where you will have no more pain and no more tears...hallelujah!

Lets put our worries aside...it's wasted energy anyway, and be thankful today. If you are reading this and you have never been "pardoned" of your sins, all you have to do is acknowledge you are a sinner, that there are none righteous, that Jesus Christ came to this earth and died....but here's the thing, He still isn't dead! He is alive, three days later He arose from the grave. With that, we have been given free will to choose eternity with Him in Heaven, or be separated from Him in hell. If you believe that, simply pray this prayer, "Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, that my sin separates me from you. I believe you came to this earth, you lived, and you died, and you rose again. I believe you came to set me free from my sins that I can live with you for eternity. Lord Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart and set me free. I love you Jesus. Amen."

If you have just prayed this prayer, please let me know. The Bible says that if you have just done this, that Angels are rejoicing in Heaven over you this very moment!! Gives me goosebumps!! This is just the first step though. The Bible also says that one must believe in his heart, and must confess it with his mouth; now that you are a Christian, believing in the Lord Jesus, it's time to not only grow, but tell others. Baptism needs to follow as well. Find a Bible teaching, believing church and keep running to Jesus!

God Bless You and have a BLESSED Thanksgiving.

No comments: