Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Electric Blankets Are My Friend!

I have never slept under an electric blanket, until last night. Oh I loved it! We layered the kids last night, put on their beanie hats and layered the blankets on them, kept the space heater running all night, and cranked up the electric blanket and stayed toasty warm! It's been cooler this morning, but we are glad we didn't go stay at my mom's. We had countless phone calls of people concerned for us being here with the temps dropping, but we really are glad we didn't lug everything to some one's house and then have to lug it all back.


Chris just called, we missed the bus. We were late getting there this morning. Chris is taking Christopher to school. I cook today at Pine Summit. I'll be by myself as Kayla is sick.


Thanksgiving is next week. I honestly had no idea. Days and time seem to be running all together the last few weeks. I just can't believe it's a week till Thanksgiving! Normally I am excited and have planned a complete menu and have my Christmas decorations planned in my mind.... but not this year. Normally I do the turkey and dressing and green bean casserole and ...everything. This year, we get to be the guests. Normally by now I have a complete list of Christmas gifts and have a Christmas plan. This year, nothing. Black Friday is my favorite day besides Christmas...this year, not sure what I'll do. Might sleep in for a change. While I still love the Christmas Season because of Jesus...., I am just not getting into it. I guess that's a good thing because I am forced to constantly remember the reason we celebrate Christmas....again....Jesus. Every year I hope and pray to stay focused on Him, and every year, the day after Christmas, I ask forgiveness for getting so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle. This year will be simple, and strangely, I am OK with that.

The water is boiling for hot chocolate and Chris should be home soon from taking Christopher to school. I've had lots of interruptions posting this morning. I think I'm going to make a small fire and go read my Bible by the camp fire.

Oh, one more thing, didn't hear from the insurance company. My mother-in-law will call them today. Will keep you posted.

Me.

1 comment:

The Grammy said...

Guests?......Honey, you're still the chef.....the only thing that has changed is the kitchen you'll be cooking in.......don't worry, I'll help...he, he, he.