Monday, October 13, 2008

Get That Stick Out Of Your Mouth!

I cannot tell you how many times I have told my youngest daughter to keep sticks out of her mouth. I don't know what the deal is, but I think she finally learned her lesson this weekend. In her normal "finding out things the hard way," she got jabbed in the throat with a stick in her mouth. She had two scratched areas that did bleed, but the one of concern was located on the back of her throat close to her tonsils. I took her to Sacred Heart Urgent Care where the nurses there and the doctor were outstanding! They took us right in and were just gentle and sweet and loving to a scared 2 1/2 year old. No stitches were needed, were instructed to keep a close eye on it and let her drink cool liquids and soft foods... she liked that as we stopped by Wendy's on the way home for a Frosty! She seems to be doing great. Eating and drinking fine by Sunday.

Christopher's medication has been changed. We were hoping to not put him on any medications, that altering his diet would be enough; unfortunately, Christopher's ADHD is on a full spectrum and he just has to have that help to slow down and focus. We are trying Straterra. This thrills me as it stays in his system for 24 hours. Unfortunately, we have to go through the entire insurance approval again as Straterra is only approved for kids 6 and over. With Straterra being pricey, we will just have to see what happens. I know Christopher has been getting prayed for, not only by me, but by many others and that the Lord is in control and make sure Christopher is on the medication he needs to be on.

Kayla's Home School evaluator has completely changed our outlook on homeschooling! It's wonderful! I really thought it was all about pen and paper and books and sitting and drilling it in, but it's not. It's teaching life application and putting that math into work and writing reports on what you do...it's amazing. Kayla and I are both more at ease now.

We have a busy week. My sister is flying home Wednesday for a few days! I am so excited!! I haven't seen her in several years and have missed her. I can't wait to hug her and then put my hands on her belly and feel that precious baby kicking inside her! I will definitely post pictures throughout her visit.

We are still waiting on the insurance company to come through with a check for our kitchen. Waiting is tough. Jim, the Cabinet Clerk from Lowe's, called yesterday to let us know the cabinets I had picked out were 20% off. Hmm... maybe that's why the discount?!

My husband just brought Christopher back in, the bus driver left Christopher again because she came before his pick up time. We changed his bus stop to Davis because she couldn't make the turn around on the cul-de-sac we live on; you would think she would call us if she is running early. This is crazy.

No comments: