Friday, October 17, 2008

Death Was Imminent....

I just got off the phone with my ex-husband, Kayla's dad. His brother, Mat, the one I asked for prayers for several weeks ago, passed away today. His physical and emotional body has been through physical turmoil these last few months. As the doctor stated, he was 51 in an 81 year old man's body. Alcohol had completely destroyed his entire body. I tried several times to get in touch with a nurse in order to share the gospel, but for some reason the Lord never allowed that to happen. It was Kayla's desire to see him come to the Lord before he died as well. As a child I know Matt, along with all his siblings, were forced to go to church. My only hope is that in the last few months, with him knowing death was imminent, that he clang to the Hope and Cross of Jesus Christ and asked Him to be his Lord and Savior.

Please pray for the family of Matt Russell; for his parents, Nick and Sarah Russell, for his siblings, Debbie, Diane, Mark and Mike (Kayla's dad). Please also be praying for Kayla. She is at the fair with Justin tonight, then is working tomorrow morning from 8 a.m. till noon and then we have my dad coming in town for another family gathering. She doesn't read my blog, so I'm not worried about her seeing this; however, I don't want to take away from the excitement of seeing family tomorrow. Please just pray for the timing and that the Lord will give me the words to say. I know Kayla will be upset, I know the first thing she is going to say is, "I should have called and shared Jesus with him." This is going to be hard for her.

Seize every moment.

No comments: