Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bread of Life

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I was really discouraged this morning.

I bombed my Humanities test with a 62 last night.  :(  I did great on the arts and recognizing which Renaissance period they were from as well as knowing which artist did what, but with 4 or 5 chapters covered, I was simply memorizing the facts and not trying to understand them, so when the teacher re-worded/re-phrased the facts, I knew nothing.  (Yes, I do believe there is a separate blog post about that!)  Lord willing I will never take another D term again with 16 weeks crammed into nine.

But that wasn't all that was getting to me.

Christopher has been acting out and become very clingy since I've been gone/unavailable more with school.  His hyperactivity is worse, his emotions are worse than a woman 8 1/2 months pregnant!  Agggh!  The stress is getting to me.   And then there is the check engine light that came on last night in the car.  The car is not switching into gears so the concern is it's the transmission.  The list of burdens is rather overwhelming.  Because the burdens are so great, I did the one thing I haven't done on my own in months.  I opened the Bread of Life (Matthew 4:4)

I opened my devotional to today's date.  The title read, "You are an Overcomer."  I couldn't help but smile.  "Okay Lord, I'm listening."  As I read the simple yet perfect daily thoughts, Kayla turned her phone towards me to show this adorable duckling hanging on for dear life to the curb.  Under the picture it read, "Don't give up."

 

What perfect timing from a perfect God :)

Mandissa's "Overcomer"

No comments: