Thursday, September 27, 2012

What Do Bullies In The First Grade Have To Do With David And Goliath?

My baby girl told me this morning (as she was leaving for school) that she has two enemies.

The look in her eyes said fear.

Here is what I know.

After lunch time, the students are taken out to recess.  It is then two little girls continue to chase her and scare her.  Yesterday as she was leaving school, one of the girls tapped her on her shoulder and said, "That's her!"

She has spoken to her teacher about it, and the teacher made a joke about it, asking, "if they had horns?"  Hmmmmm.  (I will most definitely be following up with that one.)

I immediately sat and prayed with her, telling her the Bible tells us to to pray for our enemies.

The scriptures say in Matthew 5:44, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

The scriptures also say in Proverbs 25:21-22 that in being kind to our enemies is like pouring heaps of coal on their head.

After our prayer time, I told her she is going to have to confront them, or they will continue to chase her.

Fear was evident in her eyes as the words, "I can't.  I'm scared of them!" came out of her mouth.

It was then, my most gracious and loving Heavenly Father began to speak through me.

"Do you remember the story of David & Goliath (I Samuel 17)?  He was this VERY small boy, and yet he faced AND conquered a GIANT!  You have that same power within you!  You can face them."

Kaitlyn then asked if she could take her Bible to school with her, and of course I said, "Absolutely!"

She marked the story of David & Goliath for quick reference.

School and some teachers do not allow the Bible in their classrooms.  I do not know her current teacher's view on this; however, I did ask Kaitlyn if she is allowed to have free time to read and she said yes.

My instructions were that then and only then could she take out her Bible to read it in class.

Then she left . . . . . to conquer her fear.




Pray for Kaitlyn today.  Specifically between the time of 11:00 a.m. and 11:50 a.m.

Pray for her teacher that she would allow Kaitlyn to read her Bible in free time reading.  I have no desire to cause a problem, but free time reading is free time reading and Kaitlyn has rights.

Pray for the two girls.  I only know the name of one, but that doesn't even matter.  Pray for them.

Pray for me; that this momma will walk in grace.


No comments: