Friday, September 21, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This is my rendition of Chicken Cordon Bleu.  I kind of, well, OK.  I made this up, so bear with me.

Here are the ingredients I used:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Ham
Mozzarella
Cream of Mushroom Soup

If the breast are large, fillet them.  If not, you can layer the ham and mozzarella on top of the breasts (heck, even if they are large breasts and you just don't want to stuff them, then layer them!).

I used "skinny  meat" ham.  I know, you have probably never heard of it, and this is OK; just go to the deli and get your favorite kind of ham and have it sliced thin.

I used the soft, good Mozzarella, not that hard block stuff that doesn't melt smoothly :)  Is that a nice way of putting it?  But just buy whatever kind of Mozzarella you like, but I'm telling you, this was oh my gosh good!

Place 1 to 2 slices of ham inside the breast and place a slice of the Mozzarella inside the breast, fold breast over.

Pour Cream of Mushroom Soup over top.  For more than 4 breasts, you will need an additional can of soup.

For the smaller chicken breasts, I just layered the ham on top of the breast, then the cheese and then the Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I personally preferred the layering of the ingredients on top because the Mozzarella had a beautiful golden brown color to it.

I served the chicken over a bed of egg noodles.  I personally did not care for the texture of the egg noodles with it, but my husband loved loved loved it!  The next time I fix this, I will use either a Penne pasta or something with a little firmer texture.

Also, I baked this in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  I plan on preparing this in the crock pot next time though.


Neither myself nor my husband had to add any salt to this.

It really was good!






No comments: