Friday, December 9, 2011

What Does A Florida Fan, An Alabama Fan, AND a DAWG Fan Have In Common?

I have had several ladies at my house this week to help in the NEVER-ending endeavor to sort clothing donated.

While the response to help clothe the homeless has been phenomenal, it has also become overwhelming.  Overwhelming to the point where I have had to put a hold on all the donations until I can finish separating what has already been donated.

My front porch is covered,  my living room, my kitchen, and my dining room are filled with bags and boxes to sort. 

In one of my anxiety filled moments, I cried out to God, "I can't do this, Lord!  There is so much and ONE person can't make a difference; are you crazy?  Especially NOT me!  I can't live like this!" 

After my rantings, God said, "What I have called you to do, I will equip you to do.  Ask for help."

With that, I put out a plea for help. 

This week, I have had help every day but Thursday!

On Monday, a friend of mine, Sheri, came over with another lady, Gracie, to help.  They knocked out much!  (I forgot to take a picture . . . . sorry!)

Tuesday, a friend of a friend, Christi, came.



Wednesday, Sheri came again.



Today, Friday, Sheri and Gracie came again!

When Gracie walked in, she handed me a Christmas card!  I was so excited, my first one!  I haven't even bought cards this year and doubt that I do.  Not a bah-hum-bug, but just not practical for this season in our lives.

As I opened the card, another card fell out. 

It was a gift card!

The tears started immediately as in my journal just this morning I wrote, "God, I know I am not supposed to worry, and I know you have taken care of the kids Christmas gifts, but I need stocking stuffers, my water bill is past due and due for disconnect; we only have enough money for January's mortgage and I haven't EVEN thought about the property taxes!  I am exhausted from just givin them back over and over again." 

Am I the only one that struggles with this?  Is it a lack of faith to have to keep giving "things" continuously back to the Lord?  Anyway . . . .

Christopher was there with me when I opened the card.




I have the sweetest little boy ;)    God indeed made him special!

I love being able to show my children how God has provided for us time and time again.  It is even more special to this momma's heart when I had just poured my heart out to God Almighty.  The fact is, the gift card was purchased even before my plea to the Father . . . He knew the need before I even had to ask!

How comforting and reassuring that God is in control and that He has a plan.  Makes me smile :)

In the midst of the ladies working, Sheri hollared, "Hey, you've got a lot of clothing good for keeping people warm.  All you'd have to do is gather all the shirts that look like THIS and catch them on fire!" 

As I turned to look, she was holding up an Alabama shirt!! 


Now, anybody that knows me, knows I do not like Alabama. 

I do not like Florida.

I am a GEORGIA FAN!



But what is so cool, is that between an Alabama fan that donated their clothing items to clothe the homeless, a Florida fan that is donating her time so the homeless can get some clothing, and a Georgia fan that is just putting out the word for needs that the homeless have, that lives are being touched in the name of Jesus! 

So what do we have in common?  Jesus.  King Jesus!  The One that defeated death.  The One that is living now, making intercession on His children's behalf!  The One that is coming again!

Hallelujah!

Hebrews 13:20 & 21, "Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB!!!! You do have the ability to make through your love of the lord!! I just love reading these!!