Saturday, December 10, 2011

Consider Trials Joy?! AAGH!

Update!  After speaking with the mechanic that did $425 worth of work on our car this past Monday; he agreed work was done on the car that was not asked!  I picked up a refund of $99.97! 



This morning, my reading from the Jesus Calling devotional was on trials.

Ironic?

Not at all; but, instead a divine appointment to encourage through a rough day.

It reads:

MAKE THE FOCAL POINT of your search for security. In your private thoughts, you are still trying to order your world so that it is predictable and feels safe. Not only is this an impossible goal, but it is also counterproductive to spiritual growth. When your private world feels unsteady and you grip My hand for support, you are living in conscious dependence on Me.

Instead of yearning for a problem-free life, rejoice that trouble can highlight your awareness of My Presence. In the darkness of adversity, you are able to see more clearly the radiance of My Face. Accept the value of problems in this life, considering them pure joy. Remember that you have an eternity of trouble-free living awaiting you in heaven.

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Psalm 139:10, "even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

James 1:2, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,. . . "

How perfect is that?  The bold words are the ones that spoke to me personally.

I've known trials were coming. 

When one is listening and doing what the Lord tells them to do, satan gets mad. 

"Prepare for the fiery darts" is what Eddie Echarri always told me.

The scriptures tell us that in this world we will have trouble.

If one has been a Christian for any length of time, then you'd know that statement is all too true.

For our family, it is always, and I mean always, financial and medical. 

At times I feel like a broken record player; not that I am doubting that the Lord will provide (because I know He will; He has always shown Himself faithful); but from being weary of the attacks over and over and over. 

Is it a means of keeping me humble?  Is it a lack of faith?  Is it that we are not truly hearing from the Lord and are off track? 

These are the questions that play in my mind day in and day out. 

Will we EVER get a break?  Why do some never seem to struggle?

Why?

We had to have $425 worth of work done on our car this last week.

Today the car broke down, again; leaving me stranded and trying to get from one basketball game to another.

My soul is weary.  Tears have fallen all day.  I know the Lord will provide; He has time and time again; it just gets old sometimes.

The repair needed to the car is another $400, if it's done correctly.  Or, as the mechanic kindly put it, he can rig it and bypass the problem and "make it work."  That cost, $100. 

Now, if you read yesterday's post, you will know that a woman I don't even know (had only met her one time), gave us a Christmas gift yesterday.  It was a Visa Gift Card of $100. 

While my heart is rejoicing that God met another need that I didn't even  know was coming at us, my mind, body, and soul remains weary. 

I find myself wishing for an escape from reality these days.  I guess, OK, I know the Lord knew that because He sent a brother in Christ this morning to encourage me.  Quoting the same scriptures from my devotional this morning, James 1:2.

I quoted a scripture earlier that said, "In this world you will have trials."  But I didn't quote the entire scripture. 

It reads: 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart (FEAR NOT)! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

On weary days like today, I rest in knowing My Father in Heaven has a divine plan.  In Him, and only Him, I can have peace.

Pray for us please.  Pray that we would hear from Heaven.  I don't want to be out of the Lord's will, and if that is what all these attacks are about, then I need to hear from Him.  IF they are because we ARE doing what the Lord wants us to do, then we need the peace that only He can give. 

Blessings to you,

Stacey

No comments: