Sunday, January 10, 2010

WOOHOO! Music Is Back On The Blog!

OK; so, I have to say, I am so thrilled with my selection of songs (yes, I said songS) for this year! I couldn't figure out how to get the music back on there, a friend of mine was working on it, and my daughter.

As I stated a few posts ago, I have been having a tough time dwindling my list for "song of the year." My heart has been heavy and burdened in several areas.

One area is the bondage my life is under. I choose to be free. Mary Mary's song, Shackles, expresses that very freedom I desire.

Another area that has been a struggle for me is the area of doubting God. I want to make sure I hear God this year.

My heart has also been burdened for young girls, not just young girls, but women in general that are sold with the idea that beauty is in size 2 women that dress and look in such a way that it does nothing but set these young ones up for a hard fall. While I have personally battled obesity for many years, I need it to be said that being overweight is just as unhealthy as being underweight. My body should represent the Holy Spirit. It should represent self control. It does not. Anyway, I got to chasing a rabbit on that one, sorry. After having a brief encounter with this sort of lifestyle, I can truly say true beauty is completely natural and NOT touched up. Johnny Diaz's song, "More Beautiful You," describes this perfectly.

There is not a day that goes by that I am not overwhelmed by the Lord's goodness to me. Casting Crown's song, "Who Am I," portrays my heart. I can't sing this song without getting emotional.

There are several songs from Casting Crowns I've added to my play list. Slow Fade is the next one. This song has a special purpose in my heart. It reminds me to never compromise when it comes to my faith in Jesus Christ. IF Christ is my priority, THEN everything else will fall in place.

Another favorite song of mine is Casting Crown's, "East To West." I can walk in freedom today from my past first and foremost because I asked Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior and to forgive me of my sins, and this scripture, Psalm 103:12 specifically played a key role in learning to forgive myself.

Todd Agnew's song, "Grace Like Rain" puts a neat twist on an old favorite, "Amazing Grace." I added it just because I really like the song!

Casting Crown's, Voice of Truth has played another powerful role in my life. Again, hearing from God is key, to not let confusion creep in. Where there is confusion, satan is close.

The next one, no explanation is needed. No one is outside of the grip of the Savior. Reach out to Him, you might even find Him by reaching out to a child.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

THANK YOU KAYLA FOR HELPING ME!!!!