Friday, January 15, 2010

A Love Tap

This morning I received a “love tap” from my Jesus.  My heart is on the mend.  It’s been in the mending process for a couple of months now.  Then…a commercial advertisement comes on and instantly undoes everything good.

While I have personally experienced healing in many forms in my life, this personal and up close situations has really taken its toll. 

Wednesday night the Pastor preached/taught on the Holy Spirit.  I have thought about his words over and over.  While I know the Holy Spirit resides in me, asking Him to be my friend… has made my relationship with Him more real, genuine, loving. 

Yesterday my time with the Lord took me to Romans 8.  I found myself focused on one particular verse, well, two…verses 5 and 6 about the flesh and the spirit. 

I looked up the word flesh… It has several definitions.  The common one is the physical flesh, but the one I was focused on has nothing to do with the physical flesh, but the worldly, spiritual flesh…the carnal flesh.  I can not in any way have peace in the carnal flesh.  The only way to have peace is in the Spirit.  That Spirit resides in me because I have asked Jesus Christ to be my personal Lord and Savoir.  Through Him, I can have peace.

This morning, the scripture He keeps giving me is John 16:33.  In this scripture Jesus is speaking, He says, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer (FEAR NOT), I have overcome the world.”

You know, in this world, we will have troubles.  But, in the big scheme of things, this world is absolutely nothing.  Satan’s best day is still nothing because he is under my feet! 

This morning while wishing some of my friends happy birthday on facebook, another friend posted a scripture….  John 10:10.  John 10:10 is a great scripture to memorize.  John 10:10 is one of the scriptures I learned through the Most Excellent Way Ministry.  It is a part of the foundation scriptures of The Most Excellent Way. 

John 10:10, The thief (the devil), he comes to steal, kill and to destroy, BUT (I love that word…it undoes what has already been said) I (that’s Jesus Christ…the VICTOR), He comes that I, that I may have life, and have it more ABUNDANTLY!”

I choose life, an abundant life.  How about you? 

“Father, today I pray for freedom.  I  pray for peace.  I pray healing.  Your word tells me You are the healer of the broken hearted.  Your word tells me I can have peace in you.  Your word tells me You, and only You can set me free.  Father I pray for the one that is reading this and is hurting.  I pray you will be Jesus to that person today.  I pray that if the person hurting isn’t walking with you, that they will choose this day to walk with with you.  I pray if they do know you Lord that you will use this experience to draw them closer to you.  I pray you will give me, them, the yearning to search you out, to spend time with you, to get to know you more.  I love you Jesus and in You, I claim victory.  So be it.  Amen.”

No comments: