Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catching Up

I haven’t blogged lately, have been on a mission for a few weeks now.  I am de-cluttering my house.  One room, one closet, one space at a time.  I am a clutter person and my husband is a pack rat.  Between the two of us, we make quite a pair!  Seriously though, a friend of mine told me that if I do this, it would simplify my life…. and trust me, my life needs simplifying!

Kayla got home from Beaufort Tuesday night.  I am glad she is home.  She had a great time visiting her dad’s side of the family.  It was very hard on her to leave this year.  While that makes me sad, I can honestly say it is to be expected.  She is older, values relationships more… it’s understandable.

Christopher has been on Prozac for nearly seven weeks now.  We attempted to put him back on Ritalin, but holy cow… now a good thing.  He went psycho on us.  BUT, I can tell that the Prozac is helping with some of the anxiety issues.  I’ll take what I can get.

Kaitlyn is a handful.  She mimics everything Christopher does… she is a doll though.  Those big brown/hazel eyes and those cute little pudgy cheeks…. adorable!  I was hoping to get in her Head Start this year, but there is such a long waiting list, not counting on it.

My 20 year high school reunion is coming up ya’ll!  I didn’t think I was that old!  I can’t remember….am I 37 or 38?  I never can remember my age.  I didn’t hit me that I was aging until I realized just how close to 40 I really was.  I remember my parents being “this old” and thinking they were ancient!  Wow…. how perspectives change as situations change.  While I am not able to attend the reunion in person, my heart will so be there.  I graduated with a great group of people.

We are still without a vehicle.  Each day that goes by it seems easier and easier to deal with it.  Chris is riding the bike daily to and from work.  Gail is teaching me the bus system.  It might seem easy to some, but to me it is very confusing.  Lucie lets me use her car to make AVON deliveries and for grocery shopping.  I don’t know how people manage groceries for five while riding the bus!  Nonetheless, I am grateful. 

Christopher was just sent home for breaking a window at Memaw’s.  I just don’t understand why he is so defiant.  They’ve been spanked, worn out, timed out…. I just don’t get it.  He just doesn’t think before doing anything.

I’m working on a devotional about Impurities…. love the visual the Lord gave me.  Will let you know when I’m finished with it.

Until next time…. Job 1:20 & 21 have been my life line….. “…..The Lord gives and the Lord takes away…..”

No comments: