Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

Words can not describe the gratitude I have in my heart this very moment.  It’s not very often that I am speechless, yet I just can’t find the words to express the thankfulness I feel.

My friend, Gail, the one that moved back a few months ago from Ohio, you know, the one that is legally blind, but has never let that stop her from having a life and serving in the ministry.  She made arrangements through my husband for us to have a quiet, candle light dinner for our anniversary.  My brother-in-law was apparently in on it as he went and picked Gail up and brought her to our house.  I was given specific hand written directions to follow and to ask no questions.  Do you know how hard that was for me???!!!!  Hellooo!

The directions were as follows: 

“Go to my house

Turn on CD player by window – push play button

Light candles on table

Put dinner on table:

Steaks in oven

Bread in oven

Potatoes in microwave

Corn on stove top

Salad fixings on counter

Ice in freezer

Tea in brown pitcher in fridge

Cake on table

EAT & ENJOY!

STOP & LEAVE EVERYTHING AS IS”

I am ashamed to say I have never gotten dressed just for my husband for dinner at home, nor have I ever fixed us a candlelight dinner. 

Gail’s gesture has truly touched my heart.  I am truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments: