Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

I can't stand liars. I lived my life as a lie until I got sick and tired of not even knowing the truth. I was pathetic. I try to live my life in such a way that when I say something, people don't have to question it because they just know it's the truth. Have you ever heard the comparison, "There are three sides to every story, his side, her side and then theirs the truth." My goal is to be "the truth's side." Even if I'm wrong, I want to speak the truth.

I'm on my soap box because Christopher's bus driver lied about us this morning. Since Christopher has started riding the bus, she has not picked him up the same time twice, at least not back to back. She has told us to be out to the bus stop at 7:00, this is after we were out there at 6:45 for several days and she never came that early. The only time she has told us to be out there was at 7:00. She has shown up at 6:45 before, so at 6:40 we open the front door to keep an eye out for her and at 6:45 Chris walks Christopher to the end of the driveway to wait for his bus. At one time a substitute driver did tell us to have Christopher out there at 6:45, but the regular bus driver has not told us that and normally she does not get here until 6:55 - 7:10.

This morning, as usual, Chris opens the door at 6:40. At 6:45 he walks him to the end of the driveway. We wait, and wait, and wait. At 7:15 I call transportation. They contact the driver. The driver states, "I was there at 6:45 and they were not there."

I began feeling my blood boil. It's still boiling. I filed a complaint about her irregular schedule, then about her lying. We are then transferred to another department to speak to her supervisor. Another complaint has been filed. In the meantime, my husband calls his mother, who lives two doors down and watches him on the bus nearly every morning. She informed us that yes, the bus did come, but she came really early, 6:35 early! Oh my gosh, talking about blood boiling! Not only are there two other adults on that bus as helpers that could have gotten off the bus and knocked on our door, but she didn't even stop! From what we were told she did a "rolling stop!." Not only did she come early and not even stop, SHE HAS OUR PHONE NUMBERS ON THE BUS!!! She could have called us! Christopher was ready! With the touch of a few buttons this issue could have been resolved! Instead, she chose to lie! She lied, she lied she lied. I don't know about you, but I sure don't like liars! She has lost all respect from me I can assure you. Agh!

Now that I have all that off my chest, I have to get over it. I can't let her steal my joy. The best thing I can and will do is pray for her and that the Lord would convict her of such that she would confess and apologize. Even if that doesn't happen, I know I can stand on the side of truth and man; that feels amazing!

No comments: