Sunday, September 14, 2008

Duty Calls

Chris got our computer fixed. There are still a few glitches, but nonetheless, it's fixed. Now to get Kayla's hooked back up....then everyone will be happy; at least for now:)

Chris has continued to work hard in the yard. Every week ECUA has picked up piles of tree limbs and branches. He has made a huge dent in the yard. I was telling his mother that it seems like Chris has come back to life after moving in to the house he grew up in. He used to come home and just not be interested in much, (don't take that the wrong way) but he seems to just have an enthusiasm about him that I don't think I've ever seen before. It's been nice.

Kayla has enjoyed having a few friends over the last two weekends. With a bigger house she has more space and freedom throughout the house. I think she is enjoying the house more and maybe even taking a liking to it:)

Christopher and Kaitlyn both love walking and riding to Memaw's daily. The first thing Christopher says when he gets off the bus is, "Can I ride my bike to Memaw's?" It really is precious. My kids are blessed to have a grandmother living so close. These are memories that will last a life time.

Christopher seems to be having a tough time once the second dose of medication gets out of his system. He is bouncing off the walls in the evening time and going to sleep is a nightmare again. He just can't seem to settle down; resulting in not enough sleep at night, resulting in exhaustion by the time the next evening arrives, resulting in more hyperness (is that even a word?) and crankiness...it's weird. On a positive note, he is doing great at school! Four out of five days are perfect!

I am doing OK. You know, I used to dream of being a stay at home mom. I thought it would be easy. I have to tell you, it is indeed the hardest job I have ever had! I used to envision having everything in its place, beds made, dinner ready, quiet and peaceful...you know, like it was in the 50's and 60's?! HA! What a joke! Was it ever really like that? It seems the more time I have, the more I have to do. I'm having a hard time wearing the many hats I'm supposed to be wearing....wife, mom, financial person, teacher, housekeeper, repairman, mentor...I could go on. I'm failing in many areas, but the most treacherous area I am failing in is as a wife. I am really struggling. I have been treating my husband like crap. I love him, but am having a terrible time switching roles and showing him. Sadly, he is the one suffering the most in all this.

The kids are through with breakfast, gotta get them ready for Sunday School and Church. I hope you are blessed enough to have a church family you can worship with this day.

1 comment:

goob44 said...

I think that you are too hard on yourself.
You're doind a great job as mom and wife and I should tell you so more often.
So I'm telling you in front of all of the people that read your blog:
I love my wife and she is a wonderful mother, wife, companion and friend.
I couldn't go on without her.
I love you