Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kaitlyn's First Sunrise

Kaitlyn snapped pictures of the sun-setting Saturday evening as we drove across Pensacola's three mile bridge to go to her first sleep study.



Creation.  It is still stunning.

On the way out, two songs came on the radio.  The same two songs came on the radio last Sunday morning as I drove to church.  Mandisa's "Overcomer" and Philip's Craig & Dean's "You are God Alone."  I chuckled at how "convenient" that was, knowing the words of the songs penetrated deeper than I wanted to admit.

I am so thankful He still loves me enough, through  my stubbornness, to use music to woo and love on me.

Baby girl did great with the wires.  She had a few moments of anxiousness, but did very well.





Our wake up call came right at 5 a.m.  Ugh.  What a night for momma!

As we were leaving, the thought came to mind that Kaitlyn has never seen a sunrise and since no one in their RIGHT mind would ever be up at that hour . . . . why not seize the opportunity to make a memory.

McD's was open so I got a Pumpkin Latte' for me and a biscuit for Kaitlyn and we drove to the beach.  I must say, I tried Starbucks Pumpkin Latte' a while back . . . .it was burnt.  Very disappointed.  McD's was better and I got a large for less than what a small one was at Starbucks.

We stepped onto the neatly cleaned sand.  I hated to mess up the prettiness . . . . kind of like walking across vacuum cleaner marks on a freshly cleaned carpet!



There was only one other person on the actual beach, other than the John Deer Tractor pulling the clean up machine.




My heart broke at the amount of trash people left behind last night.  Much of it being washed out to sea.

Once the sun started peaking, we grabbed as much as we could and tossed it on shore so the machine could get it all.

People, when you visit a beach, or a state park, or are even walking from your car to a building or whatever . . . . take your trash with you!







We didn't get to see the actual sun rising because of the buildings, but we did have fun.

















Driving over the three mile bridge back home, the sun was just rising.  It was remarkable.  I pulled over and soon as I could.  While these don't do it justice, it sure was a beautiful morning for a first sunrise for my baby girl.











As I was uploading pictures this morning, the song 10,000 Reasons came to mind . . . . "the sun comes up, it's a new day dawning . . . . . whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."

Worship: to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion.

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

These are such pretty pics....you made a great memory with her....yes the trash left is so bad