Monday, August 20, 2012

Life Is A Highway

Where did the time go?

I just don't get it.

Are we filling our days with so much that time just escapes us or is it true, that the older we get, the quicker it goes?  I don't the know the answer to that, but it seems to me that life truly is but a vapor.

My Kaitlyn started 1st grade today. She has been counting down to this day since the last day of Kindergarten! She LOVES school and does not like to miss!

 Hate this is blurry, but nothing I can do about that!


I just love her!

 God blessed my girl with not one, but THREE book bags this year!  All in a 24 hour period that is unexplainable . . . but when you hear her response to receiving three, it becomes explainable :)  She is using this one (and was THRILLED to be able to take her own supplies in to her classroom today) until one is coming in with her initials on it from a dear friend and the third one she received, she said, "I want to give it to a homeless girl so she will have one."  

Just writing that out brings tears to my eyes.  My babies get it.  They get that there are others out there so much worse off than we are and that we can NEVER out give our God!  Oh I pray they never lose their passion for helping those less fortunate!


 Kaitlyn stylin' the Panda Hat!
Her classroom theme is the Panda Bear!  


 Christopher's first day of 2nd grade took place in the mechanics waiting room ;)
He loved it!  He said, "ALL RIGHT!  First day of school and I get to go on a field trip AND do school work there!"  


Love my little man ;)


This song came to my mind as I was checking my spelling; the first verse seems appropriate . . . . 

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend and sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside ev'ry darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar

There's not much time left today . . . . 




No comments: