Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Penny For Your Thoughts

Several years ago, a dear friend of mine, that made a huge impact in my life, told me her view of the penny.

She said, "Regardless of the penny being on heads or tails, I will pick it up.  Every penny is good, not just the ones on heads."

She went on to explain how people often walk over a penny and see it as worthless.  She compared the penny to those we walk by, or even walk over as if they aren't even there.  She reminded me that every penny says, "In God We Trust." on it.  She said that every time she sees a penny, it is her "wink" from Jesus, as if He is saying, "You are in the right place at the right time."

I've cherished that information for many years and always smile when He sends me a penny at the right time (sorta like the feather He sends me time and time again).

Today, I had not one, but two flat tires; at two different times.

To say the least, it was a a rough day.

The second time I went to the automotive shop, stepped my foot out of the car, there on the graveled parking lot was a "wink" from heaven . . . . telling me that I was in the right place, where He wanted me.

I don't know what I was supposed to learn from today's adventure, but I am thankful for reminder of who is in control of my days.



No comments: